Tuesday, May 27, 2014

And The Bandage Is Finally Off!!!

Welcome Back!!

If you have been watching my recent videos on here and YouTube, you probably know that I had surgery two weeks ago to remove a cyst in my wrist and have been in a soft bandage ever since that I was not allowed to remove. But the sun rose on this glorious day and I was finally able to have my doctor cut the bandage off and reveal what I had been most interested to see, the scar!

Right after the bandage was removed.
I was thoroughly disgusted yet intrigued all at the same time. My skin hadn't seen light or water for two weeks and was all wrinkled up, itchy and extremely dry. Also, the fact that I could see my stitches poking out of my skin was a bit of a sickening sight. After doing very little I was finally able to wash it for the first which was very nerve-racking! But it did manage to remove some of the gunk remaining. 

After washing it for the first time! 
Then it was time for a trip to the physical therapy office where I actually received help, unlike form my doctor. Not that I wouldn't recommend him to others, he did a wonderful job on the surgery and was on professional and on time, but he consistently seemed a little distant. I received a couple pages off exercises to do in order to regain full movement of my wrist and hand, as well as resistant putty to build up the muscles once more. 

Of course having surgery wasn't on the top of my list of best experiences, but it was an experience for sure. I had never had anything like this done, and yes, I know it was very minuscule but I am truly proud of myself for being strong and not shedding a single tear, even when they had to try 8 times to get my IV in…


You may not know, but at the beginning of 2014 I deemed this year my "Year of Firsts," and surgery, of course will make the list. At the end of June I will be giving you all an update on that list to let you know how it's been going! 






No comments:

Post a Comment