Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pinterest: Crafts

Welcome Back!!

Unlike my previous Pinterest posts that I have done, this crafts post will be consisting of crafts that I would like to do, as well as crafts from Pinterest that I have already tried and that turned out really well. Hopefully this gives you the confidence that even though it may look difficult, anyone can do anything they find on Pinterest. 


Okay so come on, ever since you saw The Princess Diaries you've wanted to try this. Unfortunately this is not one of the crafts that I have tried but I am definitely going to this summer, hopefully making something super cute for my apartment. A word of warning though, make sure you have plenty of room, because the paint will splatter! 


Now I am a girl to always have a candle burning in my room, no matter how hot it may be outside. It just relaxes me and helps me concentrate, so this is something that I have done SOOO many times. When your candles have been burned as far down as they will go, boil water and pour in the candle. This will melt the remainder of the was and bring it all to the top where it will solidify once again. once it has cooled and become a solid, break it in half and take the wax out. Make sure you also wash these containers afterward before you decide to do anything with them. In my makeup posts from a couple weeks ago, candle jars are what I made my makeup brush holders out of!


Now I have never had to do this but I feel that if I was in a long distance relationship this would be an amazing idea. A simply way to let your significant other know that you love them even when you aren't able to say it. You may never know which ones they open when and I feel that that adds some of the romanticism to this idea. 


I haven't been able to paint of the walls in my dorms, and I'm not sure if i'll be able to in my apartment next year, but I think this is such a creative idea. By wrapping string around the paint roller before painting, you add a unique texture to every wall, never knowing just how it will look. A great idea for kids rooms. 


As soon as I saw this over the summer I knew I wanted to do it. I had colorful Christmas lights that were hung up in my dorm from the previous year and went out to buy white tule right after I found them. By lightly tying the tule around the light strand you create a whole new look, and if you are a person who likes to leave the Christmas lights on at night, this dims down the lights and creates a more relaxing space. I love the way mine make my room feel like a movie theater with all of the lights off. 


This is another craft that I have tried and loved. Just taking an old t-shirt and following the cutting patterns that accompanied the picture helped me create a whole new wardrobe of relaxing tanks for last summer, as well as getting rid of the huge t-shirts I no longer wore. 


And this last one is probably one of the most unique and beautiful crafts that I have ever come across on Pinterest. By getting paint swatches in all different colors, you can make your walls vibrant and colorful without having to deal with the hassle of painting. Plus, it looks so different and will stand out to those who come to your house. 

I hope seeing that I have tried conquering some of these crafts will make you guys feel comfortable doing the same thing. Remember that you can always look at more of my favorite crafts by clicking on my Pinterest button over to the right. I want to see what crafts you guys have tried and maybe I can try them as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment