Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pinterest: Tattoos

Welcome Back!! 

Today we have another Pinterest board of mine and it may be a controversial topic to some people, and if you are one of those people, please no negative comments, just don't look. The board I chose for today was my tattoo board. About a year ago I got my first tattoo as sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing. I knew what I had wanted for a long time, but just woke up one day knowing that if I didn't do it that day I never would. So I went to the tattoo parlor and just got it over with. It's on the outside of my right foot and says "The Past Was Practice," something that is definitely true considered all the things that have happened throughout my life so far that I have not let define me. 



Ever since I got my tattoo I have been obsessed and will be getting my next one in May as a birthday present to myself, just like my first one. I began looking all over Pinterest for inspiration and haven't quite found the right thing yet, but along the way I have come across some of the most simple, as well as most intricate, tattoos I have ever seen and I thought I would share some with you today.

First I will be showing you some of my favorite simple tattoos. Images and words that may seem insignificant to one person, but mean the world to another. The one right below on the back of the heels was originally where I wanted my first tattoo, but with the saying "Forever Young," so hopefully I can get that one some day. But these tattoos are so simple and small, easy to hide, but still there to make a statement and show individuality. 





But of course during all of my searching I have come across tons of intricate, thousand dollar tattoos that, even if you hate the idea of placing permanent ink on your body, you have to respect the artistry. The hours and money put into these tattoos prove that the person is telling a story, that these tattoos mean something to them. Also, I feel as though tattooing should have its own section in art museums because seriously look at the pictures below, this is art! 








One thing I have learned from getting my own tattoo, having multiple friends and family members who have tattoos and hours of looking through pictures is that you should never judge someone by what they choose to put on their bodies. You may never understand it, but that doesn't matter to them. They got these tattoos for their own reasons, and your snide remarks or weird looks will never take away the fact that these stories, memories or ways of life will always be with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment