Monday, November 18, 2013

11/15-11/17 Weekend

I thought I would fill you guys in on my crazy, hectic weekend! 

Over the past weekend I was able to pick up some necessities, as well as a few desires. For starters, what girl doesn't need a variety of cute sweaters for winter? That was my thought process when buying three of them, as well as blouse and a new statement necklace. 
This first sweater caught my eye as soon as I walked into work on Saturday and I knew I would have to come back and get it. I love tribal print, and especially that it is a color that I will be able to wear when I'm super pale in the dead of winter. The back is all black, as well as the mid-sleeve and down. Even though this sweater is quite thin, it still seems like it will keep me plenty warm under a nice jacket. 


Apparently Charlotte Russe has had this shirt for awhile but I had never seen and almost died when I finally discovered it. I love bows and that fact that this shirt has a giant bow on the back just makes me love it even more. It's a very thin, sheer material but will look great with a tank or a bandeau underneath. I feel like black and maroon are going to be my go-to colors this winter. 

Purchased online, this is one heavy duty sweater. There is no way I will ever be cold while wearing this!!! Super think, and longer in the back I can already tell that this sweater will be worn multiple, multiple, multiple times this winter. Also, I love the embellishments on the shoulders, it adds a little flare to just a plain black sweater. 

Also purchased online, this sweater brings back my love for tribal/aztec print. The colors automatically caught my eye and I couldn't wait for it to come in to try it on. the gray is definitely a thin material but the color on the front adds an extra layer of warmth. Easily a way to brighten up a snowy, winter day. 

Before working at Charlotte Russe I was never really that into accessories, but my love has blossomed over the past four months and i'm beginning to real love the individuality that accessories give a person. You can take a simple outfit and make it totally "you" with the accessories you pick out. I saw this online and, being hot pink, I knew I had to add it to my growing collection. This piece will brighten up any outfit and draw attention, something every girl loves. 

Also, this weekend my friends and I had general admission tickets to the IU basketball game again Samford, which we won, of course. While standing in line, a random person came up to us with a poster board and markers and asked us if we wanted to make a sign; of course i wanted to make a sign. 
Without a doubt I knew I would make a sign for my favorite player, #12 Hanner Perea! 


We ended up being three rows up from the court, which made me almost pee my pants!

And this, my partner in crime, my basketball lover, my other half, is my best friend Amanda! Always right by my side for everything Indiana Basketball! 

On Saturday night my aunt, uncle, cousins and dad came down to visit and took Amanda and I to Mother Bears, one of the best pizza places on the planet. It was so great getting to see my family, and even though I'll be home in five days, it made me so happy to have a little piece of home down here in Bloomington, even if only for a couple hours. 

And to cap off my hectic weekend, Sunday Bloomington, Indiana, had tornado warnings and where of all places did my boyfriend and I get stuck in a torrential downpour?? A bus stop! Needless to say we were soaked, but were laughing the whole time! 

Well I hope you all had a great weekend as well. Now its time to finish out this week strong and go home for Thanksgiving break! 
I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment