Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Dress To Impress

As the old saying goes, Dress To Impress, and while many people don't take this too seriously, I have learned recently that this statement holds true. Today I was scheduled to be a discussion leader in my hardest class, Education and American Culture, with my hardest professor. Teaching about violence in our school system, I knew that the class wouldn't want to give much feedback, with it being such a heavy topic. I had my questions all prepared and knew exactly how I would interact with and run the discussion, but waking up this morning I was still nervous. When the concept of Dress To Impress popped into my head, I thought I would give it a try; and let me tell you, it worked. I wore black leggings with a black and white stripped that has an open back. I pair this with stubbed black combat boots, a hot pink statement necklace and my black, cheetah watch; wearing my glasses also made me feel super smart and prepared. As soon as I walked into my first class I received three compliments on my outfit, which made my confidence grow even higher. I definitely learned that by dressing up and feeling pretty and confident can make your attitude towards the whole day that much better. 




No comments:

Post a Comment