Tuesday, November 26, 2013

And The Christmas Cooking Begins….

Hello Gorgeous!
I know I forgot to do Music Monday the other day, but going home and getting settled in has taken up my time, so I promise next Monday will be amazing! So as I mentioned in my Thanksgiving Traditions video, baking Christmas cookies is one of my most favorite things to do, and so naturally I started this week. 

Chocolate Chip-Oatmeal Shortbread Cookies 
This was the first time I had made these cookies, and I can promise you it will definitely not be the last. These are easily a Christmas cookie must for years to come. And if you happen to not be a fan of oatmeal, you can easily leave it out and just make chocolate chip shortbread cookies. 

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies 
I made these for the first time last year, and all of my family and friends fell in love. It's a great way to incorporate seasonal pumpkin, but without the overpowering pumpkin taste people usually don't like with pumpkin pie, or pumpkin pudding. They do however have pumpkin pie spice in them, which contains cinnamon, so if you no someone allergic to cinnamon, like my mom, these are not the cookies for you. 

Cherry-Topped Chocolate Tassies 

These little Christmas treats have to be the cutest ones I've ever made. This is the second time that I've made these and I know I will continue making them for years. And yes, they're basically mini cupcakes filled with chocolate chips, and they are DELICIOUS!

Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Bars 


The first image shows the base of the bars, sugar cookie. Next, comes the mousse aspect, cream cheese, chocolate chips and whipping cream (no calories at all lol). And the third picture shows the finished product, topped with melted chocolate chips mixed with whipping cream. I cannot wait to try these in the morning!!

Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints

I have been making these cookies during the holidays since I was a little girl and my grandma and I would have baking days. These are my all time favorite cookies, not only to make, but to eat of course. They bring back wonderful memories and always bring a smile to my face. However, if you don't like raspberries, DO NOT MAKE THEM! The raspberry flavor is overwhelming. They are not the most attractive cookies, but they are truly delicious!

I hope these all look just as delicious to you as they do to me, and if you would like the recipes just comment below and I will be happy to give them to you! I promise you this is only the beginning of my Christmas cookie craziness!!



No comments:

Post a Comment