Friday, March 28, 2014

Summer Reading List - Here Comes The Nerd

Welcome Back!!

So it should come as no surprise to you guys that I absolutely LOVE to read, and now that summer is fast approaching I have finally made my list of all the books I want to finish before returning to school. During the summer, I read constantly. I'm not one of those people who can just lay out by the pool with my eyes closed for hours on end, so I take a book. Getting tan while reading, sounds good to me! Some  of the books on the list I have already read and am just wanting to relive them, while others are considered elementary books, but I was never assigned to read them so why not do it now? Let's get started! 


I have actually already started this book because as soon as heard about I knew I was going to love it. I'm about halfway done and so far its a wonderful combination of fiction, mystery, horror and photography. It's definitely one that I can't put down! 


Hollow City is the second novel of Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, so obviously as soon as I finish the first one I'll be moving on to this! 


Most people were required to read The Giver sometime in the primary schooling career, but not me! So with the movie coming out this year I figured now would be the best time to see what all the hype was about. 


Yes, I am that person who still hasn't read the Harry Potter series; I've seen all the movies but never had the patience when I was younger to sit down and read all the books. This is definitely the series I'm most excited to read. 


While looking through popular book club books The Kite Runner always shows up, and after reading a brief summary of what it's about I knew this was something I had to experience. 


I actually started reading The Help last summer, but as soon as I got back to school my schedule just got so hectic that I had to stop. This will be the first on my list this summer so I can make sure I have enough time to finish it.


I had actually never heard of this book, but finally saw a trailer for it this past week and it looked amazing. Before I see the movie however, I have to read the book, something I 'm trying to get better at. 


I have already read The Road twice before but it is one of my absolute favorites. It sounds morbid but I guess I just have a thing for post-apocalyptic literature. Any suggestions? 


Another book that I was never required to read throughout school and also one that has already been turned into a movie, The Book Thief combines so many of my favorite things. This was a must!


And yet again, another popular novel that I was never required to read in school. I guess its better late than never, right? 


Finally, The Secret Life of Bees. I've seen the movie and absolutely loved it so I hope the book is ten times better. I just know it will be. 

If you guys have any suggestions or comments to make on these books or others that I should read this summer please let me know. And when I finish all of these I will be doing another post, most likely a video, to give you my reactions to everything that happened! 
See You Soon! 



1 comment:

  1. I've read The Giver, the Harry Potter Series, The Kite Runner, The Help, The Maze Runner, and The Fault in Our Stars. You should follow me on Goodreader.com! I could give you a lot of good recommendations :) Let me know.

    ReplyDelete