Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Look Back…2013

Welcome Back!

This past year has been full of crazy ups and downs, some very memorable moments and some I wish I could have done differently, but for the most part, 2013 was a wonderful year with wonderful memories! This post will be dedicated to those memories and a look back at everything that has happened to me, good and bad, throughout this past year. 

1. Robbie Robinson 

Easily the best thing that happened to me in 2013 was meeting this wonderful man. Never has someone so genuine, heartfelt and loving walked into my life and I don't intend to let him walk out. For the past ten months we have been through some of the most trying times a couple can endure, but we have managed to make it through even stronger than before. Robbie gives me a sense of reality that I don't feel I had before meeting him. I now know exactly what path I need to take in order to make my dreams come true, and I want him standing next to me the entire time. He has brought out my inner nerd, which matches perfectly with his inner dork, and has shown me that just because we are both growing up, it doesn't mean we have to leave childhood behind. From our spur of the moment dates, to simply playing video games, Robbie Robinson has been such a huge blessing to my life in 2013, and I cannot wait to see what 2014 holds. 

2. Indiana University 
Even though 2013 was not the first year I have attended Indiana University, it was just another year that I was reminded how lucky I am to be able to call this place my home. The city of Bloomington is a beautiful place, but what really draws people in has to be IU, easily the most beautiful campus in Indiana, and most likely the country. Everyone here is dedicated to helping you succeed and making sure that you have fun while doing so. I chose the picture above because one of my favorite things about IU is the feeling of being in Assembly Hall, surrounded by fellow students, all excited to see the Hoosiers play. The legacy and tradition that this school holds can be seen across campus, as well as in each and every student, all proud to call themselves HOOSIERS! 2014, give me one incredible year! 

3. Charlotte Russe 
I've had multiple jobs before but done that I have loved as much as working at Charlotte Russe. Every girl that works there is so beautiful and friendly, always willing to help anyone find that perfect outfit, or the finishing piece. There may be days when I don't feel like going in, but as soon as I am there the atmosphere just gets to me and puts such a huge smile on my face. I have been so blessed to work with all these incredible ladies, and many more not pictured above. I am ready to work my butt off in 2014, bring it on! 

4. Amanda Rumble 
Never in my life have I had a best friend that knows me as well as this girl right here. I don't think anyone else in the world could compete with how drastic our friendship is but I wouldn't change it for anything. We may argue, and even get in real fist fights, but this girl has my back more than anyone else. And she knows I have hers everyday as well. This past year has easily been the year that has tested our friendship the most, but I think we both know that we could never live without the other, because not only are we best friends, but she's the sister I never had, and I'm her third sister. If punching each other couldn't tear us apart, 2014 better up its game, because we're coming! 

5. The Collegiate on Patterson
This past year I became even more of an adult by signing my first lease for an apartment for the next school year. As much as this terrifies me at times, I could not be more excited to start this new chapter in my life and see which curveballs I have to dodge now. August 8, 2014 cannot come fast enough! 

6. My Mom 
I've always been a momma's girl, but over the past year my mom has definitely become more of a best friend. As awkward as the conversations may get, I know that I can talk to her about anything, and usually she won't give the mom opinion unless absolutely necessary. She knows that I am growing up and venturing out on my own, but that I also need to be 5 years old still and talk in silly voices with my mommy. I can't wait to see how the relationship between my mom and I grows over the next year! 

As with everyone, my year has consisted of much more than these six simple things, but not all can be captured in a picture. 2013 has been a year of changes, all mostly for the better, but a year full of fun times and great memories for sure. One of the major things I've learned: BE YOURSELF! It doesn't matter how many friends you have, or how much money you have, as long as you are comfortable being you, than you should be happy. Embrace the little things and remember that each day is precious, so try to treat it like its own mini adventure. 

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's, and I cannot wait to post most for you in 2014. I have some awesome ideas. Make sure to check out my friend Danyell's blog, the girl who got me started on all of this, something else I am very thankful for the past year. 
Happy New Year's! 
I love you 
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment