Friday, January 3, 2014

A Year of Firsts

Welcome Back!! 

So the title of this post is 'A Year of Firsts,' meaning that this year I will be branching out from my comfort zone and trying all types of new things. It could be as simple as a new food, or as drastic as skydiving (don't know if I'll go that crazy!). I want 2014 to be a year that stands out in my memories later down the road as a year that challenged me, a year that I conquered. 

But before we get into all that, I wanted to show you guys a little of what my New Year's Eve consisted of. Robbie and I went to a Great Gatsby themed party, and since I had not yet seen the new movie, that was of course the first step. Saying I loved it would be an understatement. I now understand what all the hype was about and it made me even more excited for the party. It wasn't some huge blowout party with 200 people and a keg, but a really nice way to gather friends over the break and have a great time. 






So back to the reason I wanted to do a year of firsts. At midnight on New Year's Eve I got my first ever  New Years kiss!! Now it may just be because I'm one of those sappy, romantic types of girls, but I have wanted a New Years kiss all my life, and I couldn't be happier that it was from the guy I love. 

Another first that has already happened over the past three days of 2014 is just a goofy one, but something that has honestly never happened to me before. While showering I ran out of shampoo before conditioner. Having accomplished two things in three days seems pretty awesome to me and very promising for the year ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment