Thursday, January 30, 2014

Skincare and Makeup

Welcome Back!!

So it's been an entire week since my last post and apologize greatly, but its been one crazy, hectic week. But no worries, I have everything planned out for the next two weeks and then we should be back to a normal posting schedule. Today I though I would tackle skincare, thanks to the idea from Danyzell, as well as my basic daily makeup routine. Now I'm not one of those girls who gets up every morning with the idea of looking like a princess, perfect makeup, perfect hair and perfect clothes. I put on what I will feel comfortable in throughout the day and do my basic makeup look, which is the one I will be showing you today. However, when I have special events in my life or am just going out with friends I do a little more with my makeup and will be showing you guys those looks as well farther down the road. So, lets get started. 

Face wash - I have mentioned on here before that my mom works for Clinique so most of the products that I use come from there, but do not let price keep you from trying them. They work wonderfully, especially the cash wash, making your face incredibly clear. I use the three step face wash for oily skin, and my face has been felt better. It gives you a sense that it's really working even after you wash it off which I have never felt with any other product. 



Base - Also all Clinique products, I use a variety when it comes to setting the base for my makeup. The picture below is in the order I use them. The first is the gel-emergency cream that I use when I can feel a pimple coming on (the best product I have ever used for this). The next two are pimple cover up and pore minimizer, something I desperately need thanks to my GIANT pores. Finally I use liquid, as well as powder, foundation just to make sure there is a nice, even coat covering everything. 


Blush - Although you usually cannot tell, I do wear blush. It's actually one of my favorite things to do when applying makeup. Two Lancome and one Clinique product are shown below and these are the only products that I use when it comes to blush. 



Eyeshadow - Besides mascara, eyeshadow is the makeup product that I own WAY too much of, but the pallet and liquid shadow shown below are the ones I love the most, and yes both are Clinique. The pallet is designed for those with hazel/brown eyes and works well with anything that I may be wearing.  The brushes were included and actually work very well. 



Mascara/Eyeliner - I feel think these two are the things that really make my eyes pop! I already have ridiculously long eyelashes so when I add mascara is even better. I love the high volume Clinique mascara that is in the middle and is the one I use the most. Eyeliner is however the only product that I do not buy from Clinique, and the ones pictured below are simply from Target. 


Lips - Now I am not a person who uses lipstick, at least not quite yet, but I do like to add a pop of color to my lips. To start I use Baby Lips in Cherry Red, then covered with Plum Rum Clinique lip shine. It has a thicker texture than lipgloss but not quite as think as lipstick. It adds color and shine, but doesn't feel heavy on my lips. 


Perfume - I always have to finish my look with at least some type of scent. I have WAY too many from over the years because I constantly buy them. Below are my absolute favorites. Nicki Minaj, One Direction, Charlotte XO, Moonlight Path, and Love Spell. The ones in the back are for a lighter scent when I'm just going to class, while the ones up front are for work, parties or just going out with friends. 


And here is the finished product…


Also I thought I would show you guys the makeup brush holders I made over the summer. They are old candle jars that I removed all the leftover was from, then covered in modpodge and rolled in glitter. By filling them with coffee beans my entire room always smells so good. If you guys would like me to do a post showing you how to do this, I would be happy to!


Thanks for reading, and I'll see you guys next time!









No comments:

Post a Comment